5.17.2014

Homemade Redskin Potato Salad

So Memorial Day weekend is almost here and I thought I would share a few of my favorite recipes to please a crowd.  Today I start with homemade redskin potato salad. Its honestly the only way I like potato salad.....no yellow stuff for me!  Its also the ideal way to use the onions from the garden as well as delicious red skin potatoes.

Every time I make this salad someone asks me for the recipe. I have to give all the credit to my friend Kara for originally providing the recipe. (Thank you for changing my view on potato salad).  


Ingredients:
3 pounds unpeeled red potatoes
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup green onions
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper



Instructions:

STEP 1: Bring salted pot of water to a boil.  Wash potatoes and dice them into cubes.  

STEP 2: Add red potatoes to the salted water and cook until tender/firm for 15 to 20 minutes. 


STEP 3: Chop the green onions and celery



STEP 4: Add the celery to the bowl with the cooked potatoes. 






STEP 5: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, vinegar, green onions, salt & pepper.


STEP 6: Pour the mixture over the potatoes and mix them together with the celery. 


STEP 7: Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours before serving.  Garnish with fresh parsley and sprinkle with pepper (and cayenne if you want a kick).

No comments:

Post a Comment