2.28.2014

Spicy Meatball Soup (in a Slow Cooker)

  
I didn't feel like going to the store the other day (ever happen to you?)  So I pulled out everything that I thought could make a meal.  I always buy Turkey Meatballs when they are on sale (because they are a family favorite) and so I had some in the freezer!  I came up with this yummy soup that was simple to make in the Slow Cooker.  It has a little kick to it to spice things up!  If you don't like spice then simply buy the plain canned peeled tomatoes.

Spicy Meatball Soup           
Makes 6 to 7 servings


Ingredients:
12 oz. Turkey Meatballs (I use Honeysuckle Italian Style)
2 Yellow Onions
4 Large Carrots
Mushrooms (optional)
8 oz Pasta (I used Whole Wheat Penne & some leftover Noodle Style)
Canned Peeled Tomatoes with Jalapeno Peppers
3 (32 oz) low sodium Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. garlic salt 
Mexican Shredded Cheese (optional for topping)

Instructions: 
1.  Wash, peel and cut Carrots.  Add diced onion and mushrooms (optional). 
2.  Add Chicken Broth to slow cooker along with Tomatoes, Meatballs, Garlic Salt and Italian Seasoning.  



3.  Cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or low for 8 hours. 

4.  Add Pasta in the last 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with Mexican Shredded Cheese and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment